Republic City: Threads of Fate

Hello and welcome to Republic City: Thread of Fate! We hope you enjoy your time here and hope that you have adjusted well to Harmonic Convergence! Please, drive safely and avoid spirit trees and vines that may pop up in the road during your time here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to Republic City: Thread of Fate! We hope you enjoy your time here and hope that you have adjusted well to Harmonic Convergence! Please, drive safely and avoid spirit trees and vines that may pop up in the road during your time here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Legend of Korra RPG meant to bring together benders of all experience!

Welcome to Republic City: Threads of Fate! We are back and ready to Role Play! Please invite your friends to help make this place active again!

I forgot my password

Photobucket
Founders
DinTerran
Second In Command
Amira
Administrators
O
pen✮Open✮
Moderators
TradeOpenOpen

Latest topics

» ONE PIECE NO MANS STORY
Book 3 of Korra EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 am by Guest

» HolySmokes/TheTGroup (multi-fandom roleplay!)
Book 3 of Korra EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm by Guest

» OTA: Naruto AU RP
Book 3 of Korra EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:53 am by Guest

» ZapdosZulu
Book 3 of Korra EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:32 pm by Guest

» Naruto RPG: Ballad of the Ninja
Book 3 of Korra EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Book 3 of Korra EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm by Guest

» The Unfounded Kingdom
Book 3 of Korra EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:11 am by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Book 3 of Korra EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 am by Guest

» Divested-RP
Book 3 of Korra EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 pm by Guest

5 posters

Book 3 of Korra

Bolin
    Bolin
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Yuan : 20600

Statistics
    Element: Earth Earth
    Career: Pro Bender/Mover actor
    Stats:

Book 3 of Korra Empty Book 3 of Korra

Post by Bolin Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:26 am

This season is just blowing my mind right now. I thought season 2 was just full of feels. Now four badass prisoners broke out of prison to find the Avatar. The reason why is still very unknown! Even tonight's episodes didn't explain anything right now as they weren't able to interrogate anything out of them. As they tried to kidnap Korra when she was announced as the Avatar. 

Opal is adorable! Maybe she's the one that will be Bolin's new girlfriend? I do wonder if Toph is still alive while wandering around. She wandered off to find enlightenment and they have no idea where she may be. Mysterious!!!! And she has two daughters by two different men!!! Now Korra is getting into half siblings with this show. I now wonder who Lin and Su's fathers are. 

I still hate the Earth Queen. She's a snooty brat that needs to be punched. I'm glad we're seeing more Fire Lord Zuko. Now just a reunion of General Iroh and maybe Uncle Iroh! Also Varrick is back! Yes!  
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Yuan : 90097

Statistics
    Element: Air Air
    Career: Side Jobs
    Stats:

Book 3 of Korra Empty Re: Book 3 of Korra

Post by Terran Lockheart Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 pm

This season will fly with 13 total episodes and airing 2 at a time, its almost halfway over already.

I have to say, this season is a lot better, though I wonder what they will do for book 4 at this rate, the season seems to short imo,
    Qin Li
    Qin Li
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Yuan : 562174

Statistics
    Career: Girl - nip
    Stats:

Post by Qin Li Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:44 pm

This season is definitely better then the last one so far, but it really is gonna blitz by at this rate. Especially considering how they tried to slip it past us with the incredibly late press release, so it feels like it came out of nowhere. I have to say though, that coming off of Amon and the whole Dark Avatar thing, that this season feels a bit like a filler arc to me due to the step down in danger. Still, its nice to see that we're taking the time to flesh out the world and our supporting cast, so its not necessarily a bad thing.
    Benjiro
    Benjiro
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Yuan : 36000

Statistics
    Career: Clerk
    Stats:

Post by Benjiro Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:54 am

So spiffy episode. 

Tenzin totally coulda kicked Zaheer's ass 3 ways to sunday. Hell, he could have taken on two of the Red Lotus and won. 

Bumi was decent for a first time bender battle. 

Kaya... couldn't compete against octopus lady. I don't even think that was her final form. 

Kinda sad the air benders didn't escape...

But that ending... what the fuck.
    Bolin
    Bolin
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Statistics
    Stats:

Post by Bolin Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:14 am

I still love Bolin's reaction to seeing Pabu and Fire Lord Zuko. xD He had a blip of forgetting Pabu hadn't been with him when he was talking on searching for Korra in the town. 

Seriously seeing Uncle Iroh again was amazing!!!! Still need that family reunion to happen. Razz *wishful thinking* 

Tenzin really should of won that round with Zaheer but the others got in the way. :/
    Benjiro
    Benjiro
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Yuan : 36000

Statistics
    Career: Clerk
    Stats:

Post by Benjiro Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:32 am

Oh yeh, Bolin just blanked so much lol. 

And Zuko was so confused when Korra said she talked to his Uncle and he was so ready to learn more, but then they reached the air temple. 

Man... is... he?
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Statistics
    Stats:

Post by Terran Lockheart Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:41 pm

fgbdgfhnrytujtyutj5yrutj5tyruj65yujnrtyhj

aka

Holy fuck!

The feels, the awesome, the fact book 4 is next summer....

gaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FUCKING HELL!

Guys, how do we know if she even has her bending still?!? OH MY GOD the took that Pema and Tenzin shared and how everyone was acting around her, even Asami. What if she can't bend now because of the poison. I mean, that's probably not going to be the plot because of the whole Amon thing, but food for thought...
    Garret Hyde
    Garret Hyde

Yuan : 454233

Statistics
    Element: Water Water
    Career: Criminal
    Stats:

Post by Garret Hyde Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 pm

I absolutely loved this book. 
    It had growing points for everyone.
    I even teared up when Jinora got her tattoos, not gonna lie. Get on my level!
    Korra looks broken, not just physically either. I think she looks spiritually broken. 

I know she was busted up pretty bad but never and I mean NEVER has she not returned the salutes people give. I think she felt powerless once again, and after the first time, she didn't want to go through that again. 

But man, Bolin can lava bend (we saw that coming but still cool) and why hadn't mako just let the Squid lady grab him and then use lighting? Hell he barely had to move to generate it when crippling the Equalist in Book One. So why wait so long now? Plot maybe? Meh.

This was greatly done though and I'm excited that now we can move forward with our stuff. How are we gonna go about the devastation of Ba Sing Se?
    THe Northern Air Temple got rocked too. 

And Combustion Woman got OWNED!
    I did notice one thing about the Combustion power that has me curious; when CW was fighting them she could have beat so much ass with her normal firebending too. SO why not use it?

My answer is simple: she couldn't. I think when a firbender obtains the combustion eye they are unable to bend any other way. Sparky-sparky-boom-man only used the eye technique too. What do you guys think?

Over all, I'm happy with how it turned out. But that look on Korra's face haunts me. I'm curious and concerned with what is truly wrong with her. Maybe she can't use her legs.
    Bolin
    Bolin
    Basic Level
    Basic Level

Statistics
    Stats:

Post by Bolin Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:09 am

Yay for Bolin lava bending now! So many feels with this ending. Now to wait a freaking year for the last book! Ugh! Poor Korra. I did cry too when Jenora finally got her tattoos. It amused me when Pabu and Naga got yelled at for playing tug-of-war with Mako's scarf. xD
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Statistics
    Stats:

Post by Terran Lockheart Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:10 pm

I feel that Korra might not recovery fully, and maybe it will be the end of the avatar cycle, as the entire Legend of Korra has been pointing too.

As for combustion, what is the point of fire bending? It has only a fraction of the range that combustion powers do, and not nearly the force, hence why her head is now a pile of mush inside of Su's metal jacket, yum. I feel they dont use normal fire bending not because they cant, but because of the inferiority of it after unlocking such a more powerful version. Like FLight, why would one ever glide again when they can fly?

I did not shed tears when Jinora got inked, instead I thught it was cool that it was Aangs animation with girly eyes, the spitting image of her grandfather and late Avatar. However, I feel Jinora has not truly mastered airbending yet, mainly because she can not handle pressure (seen when being kidnapped in the filler ep) She has yet to fully demonstrate being able to fight (Unlike Tenzin who owned untill he got gang raped by all 4 members of the red lotus) AND with her and Tenzin as masters now, are they considered equals?

Did anyone else notice that Korra is suffering from Mercury poisoning? Its the only thing that could really cripple her like this and still be a liquid AND metalic...Also, that stuff was put in her blood, how the hell did it get yanked out of her mouth without being pulled through membranse and organs inside her ~shudders~ Alas, shes alive.

Zaheer should also be put to death imo, he broke free once, he can do it again. Plus, kill him and he cant do harm, they obviously are not afraid of death anymore...

Also, it needs to be next year already AHHHHH!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content